Pages


Thursday, January 14, 2010

My New Era of Vanning.

There are quite a few van dwelling related websites and blogs out there. A lot of the information that I have learned through my own experiences and will share here may mirror what others have written. Good ideas are universal and can be stumbled upon by one's self without knowing that others have been doing the same thing for years. That's part of the fun of vanning, a true involvement in your daily existence where you learn and adapt each day.

There are, however, two subjects that I don't see with much frequency in the van community which I intend to make central themes in my blog. Vanning with kids, and Green Vanning.

Vanning with Kids.

Many people who share info on vanning are often single or divorced and seldom have young children that are involved in vanning with them. There is a wealth of information about traveling with kids, and also RVing with kids all of which can apply to the van traveler with young ones on board. Almost 4 months ago my first son was born. Anyone who has a child can tell you all about how life changes with a baby, but I intend to do my best to write about how vanning changes with a baby. I will include all the tips and techniques I discover as my son begins to travel in the family van. Also along for every trip are our two Boston Terriers and I will include extensive writings on my experiences traveling with pets.

Green Vanning

I am a home improvement professional by trade and I am heavily influenced by green design. I have a strong personal conviction to caring for this world for future generations and to protecting our immediate health. Many of the techniques I have learned about green building and living are directly applicable to life in a van. In the confined space of a van (especially for full-timers) indoor air quality becomes a major concern. Also, waste and the way we deal with it in that small space can have an effect on the vanner as well as the planet. Look forward to numerous posts about ways that you can make your van healthier for you and for the world around you.

I am, by no means an expert on any subject. I do, however, hope that the information I share here will be able to help others who are interested or at least inspire them towards their own solutions. I welcome any ideas from those who have done it for themselves also.

No comments:

Post a Comment